Sunday, December 21, 2008

Bangkok (forget that hostel from the beach...)



Ross is taking over all responsibility for booking accommodation on any future holidays...Embarassingly, I had not booked any accommodation in Bangkok… Ross was furious with me when we were walking down Khao San Road at 2 0’clock in the morning with our backpacks trying to find somewhere to stay! Looking back now, I am not quite sure what I was thinking (as the same thing had happened to me last time I went to Bangkok with Veronica, less than 4 months ago too, hmmm can’t believe that I am sharing this information with everyone!) We finally found a hostel that had two single beds. (Perfect for a honeymooning couple). I was starting to be furious with myself by this time. I couldn’t believe that I might be jeopardizing the health of my baby. I had responsibilities now! I was trying to be positive and seeing the entire event as quite humorous and in keeping with my desire to be spontaneous and my hatred of travel agents and itinerarys. Ross was not sharing this enthusiasm however and mine was certainly starting to wane by the time we finally found somewhere to sleep. Well “somewhere” was horrible. Imagine the worst flea bitten, filthy third world backpacker joint you can and there you go…that’s where Ross and I spent the first night of our honeymoon and my first night knowing I was pregnant. I kept putting my hand on my stomach as if to reassure you that it was all going to be okay. We hardly slept that night and we both slept fully clothed. In retrospect it is quite funny (now) actually!

No comments:

Post a Comment

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...