Saturday, February 11, 2012

Hurrah... I have a computer again!

I started to write a long and lengthy post trying to explain about the rather difficult past 3 months we have just had but in the interests of keeping things in perspective, ie.  there are others that that have to cope with so much more on a daily basis that I decided to abandon it and instead update you all as what we have been doing.

I will say though that as we haven't had a computer for the past 6 weeks (details were in the explanation now abandoned!) and have moved out of the house twice and been on holidays, also twice, that blogging and all that it entails were temporarily put on hold.   Apologies to those that I alarmed with my lengthy absence and Jane a card will be in the post on Monday to you my lovely!


The house is now painted. The colours that we ended up choosing are Dulux Oyster Linen and Taubmans Aspen Snow for the trims.  A lot of people have emailed me about the colour of the house.  The number is actually mind boggling.... anyway, if I haven't replied to your email yet I apologise and am getting around to everyone slowly.  Hopefully I will answer all the questions here now:  Oyster Linen is not on the standard colour chart but if you go into Dulux or Bunnings they will be able to mix a sample pot for you.  It is full strength.  The front door is Dulux Domino in a gloss finish.


The little blue strip above the door is yet to be painted!




The inside is very slowly getting there...


My clever clogs husband built the bench seat! Well, he/we did most of the work inside the house!



It is a lovely spot for a cup of tea in the morning, actually just lovely all the time! The floors are blackbutt with a matt finish.



The laundry is in, I absolutely love the long bench top but do not recommend the product.  Ceaserstone Snow and it stains if you just look at it with a cup of coffee, some red wine or even a slice of fruit... don't ask... Unless you are considering using it somewhere, in which case be aware that it STAINS easily. VERY EASILY.  It does look nice though.






Will do some more house updates soon but in the meantime the Pirates are well.  We had a fabulous break at the beach house.



They are both their father's sons and love the surf.  The little one, although quite a proficient swimmer scares me with his confidence.  He is always the smallest person out in the surf.


He started pre-school last week.  First time away from me and I was prepared for tears and drama.  Nothing.  Indeed, the little traitor practically rolled his eyes at me when I was saying goodbye.




I will be along to visit all of you soon!  xx

14 comments:

  1. Glad you are back - the house is looking fantastic.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hurrah indeed, with lots of pennants flying from the flagpoles, excited clapping and broad smiling faces.

    It's SO wonderful to have you back online and your house.....my jaw was on my chest and I started fantasizing that when we move we could have a lovely home JUST LIKE YOURS!

    Happy weekend Gorgeous I hope you're able to spend much time relishing the fabulousness that you're creating.
    xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Glad to see you back here and your house is looking amazing!! Love the paint colours you've gone with and the bench seats look great. Do they have storage underneath? You have a lovely decorating style, I'd love to see more of your gorgeous home... xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Emma! Your house is beautiful! I love the bench seat and all of the windows.

    Great dock pics too!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Divine divine divine! Your house is so amazing Emma. I'm still dreaming about your pantry.

    Photos of the boys are gorgeous!
    xxx

    ReplyDelete
  6. It's nice to have you back Emma:) Your house looks amazing. I love your colour choices and your hubby is very clever making that bench seat under the window. Your boys have grown so much, such sweet photos of the two of them hanging out together. x

    ReplyDelete
  7. House looks FAB! lovely to see you back. Your boys are as cute as ever, although you would think the younger one would at least have had the decency to pretend to be slightly traumatised when you said goodbye ;-)

    ReplyDelete
  8. the house is utterly gorgeous. lots of white and glimpses of green out every window...bliss. x

    ReplyDelete
  9. HI Emma, love your bench and cushions and what a fab shot of your boys at sunset. Lovely to come across your blog.

    ReplyDelete
  10. Hello Gorgeous! My, I'm *so* delighted to have you back here. I have really missed you. Your house has come up a treat! You must be on cloud nine. I'm so intrigued by the bench seat as that's almost exactly what we want to build in *my room of my own*. Like Amanda, I'm dying to know if you have storage underneath. All tips welcome! J x

    ReplyDelete
  11. PS Thanks for the sweet mention! J x

    ReplyDelete
  12. Love the Dulux Domino door, and those cushions. Where are those babies from? K (The Blog a House Built)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi K! Thank you! The cushions are from Alfresco Emporium in Collaroy, you can buy them online if you are not in Sydney though! They are vey well priced and great quality! Emma x

      Delete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...