Monday, May 28, 2012

The little one's room

A few snaps of the little one's bedroom.    We don't really follow any specific theme with the boys bedrooms so they are a bit of a blend of nautical, cowboy and vintage, plus they both have the ubiquitous expedit!  I am so not an Ikea person but I do love an Expedit for storing kids books and toys on!



I found this chest of drawers in my grandparent's garage when my Dad and I were sorting through everything after they had both passed away.  It was covered in layers and layers of different paint but I could tell that it was made of cedar so I figured that it was worth trying to restore. It still needs a lot more work done on it but I kind of like the industrial look in a boys bedroom, so I might leave it how it is.


This chair was my uncles.  Still going strong and must be around 50 years old now.


Some favourite toys.



A tolix stool as a bedside table!





The boys made these out of the Djeco Mosaic kits and we framed them in cheap Target frames.  


This mobile hung over both their cots and I can't bear to pull it down.


The suitcases store toys that aren't in regular circulation.  The cowboy fabric in the corner is a teepee. Speaking of cowboys, I just saw the most divine flannel fabric in a cowboy print and am now longing to make the boys some pjs out of it.  Anyone know a good easy boys pj pattern? Easy being the operative word here! xx

  

6 comments:

  1. WOW, I love it all!!! Those little mosaics are just darling - I would pay for them! Love the tongue and groove too.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Another gorgeous room!! Love your uncle's chair and the mobile hanging over the bed is lovely. What a cute Peter Rabbit tin x

    ReplyDelete
  3. What a great bedroom for boys! I love it all...especially the bunting over the window! The bedding is beautiful too and I love all the framed artwork!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Ooh, I love your taste, Em! I desperately want an Expedit for our boys but IKEA isn't down here and they don't ship. So I'll have to get friends in Sydney to buy it and get it to me. Loving the bedding as well. J x

    ReplyDelete
  5. What a gorgeous room! I love the way a white base makes colours pop, and those mosaics in frames are genius! :)
    Ps. I'm with Jane, not having Ikea in Tassie is a challenge. Not that I would want to shop there all the time but there are little things I often wish I could just grab :(

    ReplyDelete
  6. I love all of the family treasures that you have in your boys room. That chest of drawers is really beautiful the way you've stripped it back like that. The boys mosaic artwork looks really effective in the frames hung up, very clever:) xx

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...