Tuesday, December 2, 2014

Painting the house


When we purchased the house it was a very pale, nondescript grey colour and despite being a  traditional and very popular colour for weatherboard houses, it just didn't work for us. So we have gone for something completely different, you can see the colours we painted the last house here.   This time we have chosen a very dark grey.  It took us a while to find the perfect grey as we found that a lot of greys have blue or even lilac/purple undertones in certain lights, but the fabulous colour that we have finally settled on has worked out perfectly and we are delighted with how it has completely transformed the house.  The architraves and trims now really pop out against the colour of the house and my next step will definitely be to put a potted bouganvillea on the deck to add a splash of pink to compliment the grey and white. 




The front door colour though still eludes me.  I suspect that is a decision that will have to wait until after we have started planting the front garden!  If anyone has any brilliant front door colour suggestions for me I would love to hear them or if you have any dark grey houses in your neighbourhood, what colour have they painted their front door?


12 comments:

  1. It looks great! I love weatherboard homes! xo

    ReplyDelete
  2. These are exactly the colours I want to paint my boat shed & I'll be painting the front door a vivid yellow!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Your boatshed will look absolutely stunning with that colour combination! Please post a photo on IG for us all to admire! I would love to see it. I love the idea of a sunshine yellow door!!! xx

      Delete
  3. Oops....meant to add that with such a neutral scheme almost anything would work! Rx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Beautiful!!! I saw a fabulous yellow door against grey and white paint work a few years ago in the States. I think the idea of bougainvillea would be just gorgeous!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. The yellow idea is brilliant! I will just need to get R onboard and he is leaning towards white. Easy to change white to yellow though! xx

      Delete
  5. My favourite colour is fire engine red for a door, but I have seen on Pinterest acid yellow/green against a backdrop of dark grey walls & it looked great. Hope you had great first day of school holidays xx

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I love red too! Ah the decisions. First day was fabulous thank you! xx

      Delete
  6. Wow that looks amazing! We did a drive by before you guys moved in and I loved it but love it even more now!! That colour is divine. Not sure about the door. I love the idea of red but also love it white with a nice colourful garden to compliment it. Hopefully we can catch up in the school holidays! xxx

    ReplyDelete
  7. Gone are the pale and nondescript grey color! The newly-painted architraves and trims look fabulous! That’s the kind of sleek grey that gives the house a modern appeal. I’m sure its exterior would look more marvelous once those bougainvillea are up. Good luck on the rest of the renovation!

    Richmond Gordon @ CertaPro Painters

    ReplyDelete

LinkWithin

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...